Help keep our Kids SAFE - Volunteer to help with the Patrol
Help Us Make a PTA that fits the needs of our School!
We need your Voice, your Energy, your Creativity, and your Skills!
Do you have a talent or passion for:
- Organizing people or projects?
- Advocating for others further from racial justice?
- Making others feel welcome and appreciated?
- Coming up with ideas?
- Posting to social media?
- Making digital graphics?
- Supporting local businesses?
- Communicating information?
- Running events?
- Able to speak another language?
- Love to make art?
Many hands make light work and we don’t want anyone to be overextended or overwhelmed. We have identified roles for families to help support our community.
Please take a moment to see if there is a way you can help us to Make a Brand New PTA this year.
Briarcrest PTA Committees
Communications Chair: Coordinate communications to ensure that all information from the PTA is being distributed to families in a timely manner.
- Facebook Team: Create Facebook posts, address comments and questions
- Website Team: Manage and maintain Memberplanet website
- Newsletter Team: Help write, edit, and distribute electronic newsletter
- Reader Board/Kiosk: Post hard copies of newsletter to kiosk, update reader board
- Translator Team: Translate posts and documents going out to our community
Membership (Chair and Team): Run PTA membership campaign at start of and throughout the year
- Memberplanet Data Manager: Enter member info into Memberplanet, troubleshoot problems as they arise
Race/Equity (Chair and Team): Give a voice to the diversity of families in our school and find ways to create a more equitable environment.
- Dual Language Representative: As a Representative of the Dual Language program, give a voice to the program within the PTA
- Cafecitos Representative: As a member of the Cafecitos group, give a voice to the group within the PTA
Auditor: Perform a Treasurer audit twice a year and of bank statements monthly
Legislation/Advocacy Chair: Follow education developments at the District and State levels, pass information on to the PTA and community
Family Services (Chair and Team): Coordinate with family advocate, organize drives for WORKS and Winter Food Drive, manage rotation of Lost and Found.
Community Engagement Chair: Lead teams to create community engagement presence online
- Art Docent/Reflections Lead and Team: Plan remote and in-person art projects and lessons, find creative ways to share student art with community.
- Membership Meeting Planning Lead and Team: Plan monthly guest speaker/theme for meeting, procure door prizes for attendees, brainstorm ideas for meeting icebreakers and break-out sessions.
- Staff Appreciation Lead and Team:Organize food delivery for quarterly staff luncheons, and staff appreciation week activities.
- STEAM Lead and Team:Coordinate Spring STEAM Night, and provide STEAM activities for website and Facebook occasionally throughout the year
- Briarpatch Lead andTeam: Coordinate work in the Briarpatch and promote in community
- Talent Show Lead and Team:Coordinate and run a virtual talent show
- Volunteer Appreciation Lead and Team: Find fun and creative ways to make our volunteers feel appreciated
- Spirit Wear Lead and Team: Plan, order, and sell Spirit wear throughout the year
For more information or to sign up to be a Chair, Lead, or team member please reach out to the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org