Hello Briarcrest Bulldogs Artists and Families:
It's the beginning of a new school year and that means it's time for Reflections!
Reflections is a National PTA arts recognition program that helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful not only in school, but in life.
Students are invited to create original works of art in response to a theme.The theme for the 2021-2022 programyear is “I Will Change The WorldBy...”
Students submit their completed works of art in one, or all, of the available arts categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Each student must submit their entry along with the attached submission form (see below). The form must be completely filled out, including the signature line. The artist statement on the entry form (see below) is an important part of the art selection decision, so please explain why you chose to create theart you did in response to this year's theme.
We are lining up impartial art judges to look at all entries and decide which art submissions will move on to the District level. From District level, your art may be chosen to move on to State and National levels! A celebration for all participants is TBD, more information to follow.
We've created a slideshow that includes all the rules for the various categories. Since this year we are not meeting in person, please send your entry form (see below) and a good quality PHOTO of your art to BriarcrestArt@gmail.com. Please hold on to your original artwork. If you make it to the National level, you will have to submit your physical piece of art.
This is a fun project to do, and so rewarding. We hope you'll join Reflections this year and create art around the theme of "I Will Change the World By...!"
The deadline is Monday, November 1,2021.
Here are your step-by-step instructions:
1. Pick a category (or categories) for the art you want to do
2. Pick the level you will enter at:
- Primary (Grades K-2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5)
- Special Artist (optional for anyone with a disability)
3. Review the rules for the category
4. Create your art based on the theme "I Will Change TheWorld By..."
5. Fill out the attached entry form and include an artist statement and signature (digital signature is ok)
6. Take a good, clear, well-lit photo of your artwork
7. Email the completed entry form and the photo of your artwork by November 1 to:
8. Wait for the results of judging to see if you made it to the District level
9.Wait for news of some sort of celebration of all who entered
Thank you! We look forward to seeing your art!
Art Docent Program
Reflection Forms and More Details
Write your text